JAM SPONGE ROLL RECIPE
Preparation Time: 20 mins.
Baking Time: 10 mins.
Makes 6-8 servings
1 cup condensed milk
55 gms castor sugar
55 gms plain flour (maida)
3 tbsp raspberry jam
a little melted butter or margarine
powdered sugar for covering the roll
1. Take a 225 mm. x 350 mm. (9″ x 14″) Swiss roll tin.
2. Apply melted butter, put greaseproof paper over it.
3. Apply melted butter once again over the paper.
4. Beat the condensed and sugar very well until thick and double in quantity.
5. Add the flour and mix well with a metal spoon.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared Swiss roll tin.
7. Bake in hot oven at 450°F for 7 to 9 minutes.
8. When the roll is springy to touch, take out immediately.
9. This is most important beacause an overbaked roll will crack whilst rolling.
10. Sprinkle a sheet of greaseproof paper lavishly with powdered sugar.
11. Invert the roll on this sheet and then peel off the paper from the top.
12. Make a roll with the help of the sugared paper. Allow it to cool for some time.
13. When the roll is cold, gently unroll and spread the jam.
14. Reroll and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
15. Cut into slices adn serve.